Start of school will be delayed for B.C. students

August 18, 2020

The start of the school year in B.C. will be delayed for students due to ongoing preparations linked to COVID-19.

Education Minister Rob Fleming confirmed Tuesday the return to in-class learning will not be Sept. 8, as previously announced.

He said it’s important “staff have a couple of days” before welcoming back kids to classes.

“Really, the idea is to get staff back together, whether it’s support staff, teachers, administrators, to finalize how the school operations are going to work,” Fleming said.

Source: CTV News