Conduct your job search
Upgrade your job search skills and gain an edge over the competition! With new and advancing technologies, an effective job search may include:
- Building a resume and cover letter that “speaks to” your prospective employer, even when
- Submitting online applications and other documents
- Designing resumes with “key words” to make sure your resume will get noticed by companies using scanning technologies
- Using social media to network and learn about job fairs, events and other opportunities
- Checking your social media history and using social media to present yourself positively to employers
- Preparing for both in-person and online job interviews
- Understanding the labour market and upgrading your skills to not only get a job but also to keep your job and grow and advance
Got questions? Want to learn more? Not sure what to do next? Get in touch with us!
Keeping On My Job Search Mission
Don’t lose your focus or momentum while Job Seeking – in this online module, you’ll gain critical skills to keep you moving forward in your job search:
– Learn how to “ride the wave” of your job search, and not lose determination over setbacks or stall outs
– Develop personal marketing skills that make connecting with employers (and other professionals) easy and natural
– Get clarity around your job choices; what’s driving you, and how does that impact what you consider when picking your next job
By the end of this self-paced module, you’ll be equipped with skills to job search with confidence!