Individuals who want help with their job search can work with a skilled Career Coach. In the first meeting, the Career Coach will do an assessment with you to understand your skills, education, experience, strengths, needs, interests, and personal circumstances.
Every individual is unique, and so clients work with a Career Coach to develop an Action Plan. If you need help to identify a career goal, you can explore careers in workshops or on your own with guidance from your Career Coach. Activities in your Action Plan will lead you to achieve your career goals and will include one, some or all of the Employment Services listed below.
Career Coaches, Employment Placement Specialists, Facilitators, and Business Advisors are available to help you identify what you need and will support you with:
- One to one career planning
- Group workshops or individual sessions
- Job search services
- Skills enhancement services such as academic upgrading and training
- Customized job placement and work experience placement services for clients with significant barriers to employment
- Work experience and job placements
- Self-employment services
- Financial supports for eligible clients
You can access career coaching in three different ways:
- On-Site: Come in and get in-person help from a Career Coach or use our self-serve resource room which includes access to computers and the Internet, printers, faxing, and many career planning and job search tools and resources.
- Virtually: If coming into the Centre is difficult, you can get help from a Career Coach by email and by phone or through virtual online meetings.
- Through Outreach: Centre staff are available to assist job seekers at various locations throughout the City and Township of Langley. Check our calendar of events and workshops for dates, times and locations.