Self-Serve Employment Services
Self-serve employment services allow individuals to take career assessments, career plan and search for a job on their own. A variety of tools and resources can be accessed in-person at one of the Langley WorkBC Centres or from home.
To access self-serve employment services, you must apply through the Online Employment Services Portal. Self-serve services are available on-site, through outreach, telephone, or virtual meetings.
Self-Serve Services online and within the Centre include access to:
- Group or individual orientation to the Centre’s services
- Staff to support and direct clients to tools and resources
- Career exploration assessments, tools and resources
- Labour market information
- Local job postings
- Local employer profiles
- Labour market trends and forecasts
- Training and education information
- Job Search tools and resources including information on:
- Resumes, cover letters and references
- Interview strategies and negotiating job offers
- Creating social media profiles for job search
- Information on upcoming job and career fairs
- Job maintenance and advancement information
On-site Self-Serve Services include access to all of the above and to:
- Computer workstations
- the Internet
- Fax machines
- Photocopy services
- Directories of community services
The Langley WorkBC Centres are wheelchair accessible. Screen readers, TTY phones and other support options are available.
Self-serve clients may be eligible (based on need) for transportation funding to conduct their job search. Financial support may also be available to self-serve clients with confirmed employment who require support to purchase items necessary for the job under Job Start funding.